By Douglas J. Gould PhD, Jennifer K. Brueckner-Collins PhD, James D. Fix
Now considerably revised in keeping with pupil suggestions, this best-selling textual content presents a short, authoritative overview of an important medical features of neuroanatomy. a brand new, full-color layout highlights the basic details you must understand to excel on track tests and the USMLE Step 1. New pursuits start each bankruptcy, contents were reorganized and streamlined, and all info has been thoroughly up to date. a brand new Gross constitution bankruptcy lays the root for figuring out the sectional anatomy within the Atlas bankruptcy, and all terminology is now in line with Terminologia Anatomica. A significant other web site bargains USMLE-style questions for learn and review.
- A concise, streamlined review excellent for direction assessments or the USMLE Step 1.
- New full-color layout and illustrations make the textual content extra visually appealing.
- New objectives in each bankruptcy assist you concentrate on key content.
- Reorganized contents are built-in and mixed to crew comparable subject matters in a logical, easy-to-review fashion.
- A new Gross constitution chapter lays the root for realizing the sectional anatomy within the Atlas chapter.
- All terminology is up-to-date to conform with Terminologia Anatomica.
- Online entry to USMLE-style questions for self-assessment and review.
Read Online or Download High-yield neuroanatomy PDF
Best allied health professions books
Language problems from Infancy via formative years, 4th version is the go-to textual content for the entire info you want to appropriately examine early life language problems and supply applicable therapy. This middle source spans the full developmental interval via early life, and makes use of a descriptive-developmental method of current easy suggestions and vocabulary, an summary of key concerns and controversies, the scope of communicative problems that make up baby language problems, and data on how language pathologists process the review and intervention procedures.
The newly revised Fourth variation of this well known and known reference is a start-to-finish advisor for almost four hundred simple and complicated nursing strategies. It offers step by step directions for every process, explains easy methods to use and troubleshoot gear, and offers key info on rationales, cautions, issues, sufferer educating, and documentation.
The following during this severe consultant is the entire vital clinical thoughts that you’ll want to know so one can live on in precisely approximately any state of affairs. From wrapping life-threatening head wounds to treating a toxic spider chunk, the full U. S. military Survival consultant to scientific abilities, strategies, and methods has obtained you lined.
- Quick Reference Clinical Chiropractic Handbook
- Practice and Service Learning in Occupational Therapy: Enhancing Potential in Context
- A Resuscitation Room Guide Banerjee
- Alterations of Consciousness in the Emergency Department, An Issue of Emergency Medicine Clinics (The Clinics: Internal Medicine)
- Fundamentals of Chiropractic
Extra resources for High-yield neuroanatomy
1. Anterior chamber 2. Posterior chamber What is the jelly-like substance in the back part of the eyeball which provides shape and is relatively inert? Vitreous humor What are some components that make up the anterior segment of the eye? Cornea; Conjunctiva; Anterior chamber; Lens; Iris; Ciliary body What components make up the fundus of the eye? Macula; Optic nerve; Retina Please define the following forms: Anisocoria Unequal pupil size under equal lighting Hyphema Red blood cells in the anterior chamber Hypopyon White blood cells in the anterior chamber Limbus Circumferential border of the cornea and white sclera Tonopen Pen-shaped device to measure intraocular pressure What are some important elements in the history that should be obtained in any general eye exam?
Intubation) What is the NIH stroke scale? Objective way to rapidly assess and determine the extent of neurologic deficits of a stroke patient and helps to determine if thrombolytics are needed Although hypertension is commonly associated with CVA, should it be treated in the ED? , rule a suspected stroke? out bleeds); Establish onset of symptoms What are some important guidelines in determining if a patient is a candidate for thrombolytic therapy? If symptom onset is within 3 hours; Significant neurologic deficit; Recommended blood pressure limits; No contraindications such as recent SAH Neurologic Emergencies 37 List some contraindications to the administration of thrombolytics in acute stroke?
Diuretics; Emesis; Nasogastric suction What is the treatment of choice for chloride-sensitive alkalosis? Normal saline What are some causes of chloride-resistant alkalosis? Mineralocorticoid excess; Primary reninism; Chronic potassium depletion What is the treatment of choice for chloride-resistant alkalosis? Correction of hypovolemia; Acetazolamide may help; Administer potassium as a chloride salt Name two characteristic laboratory findings in respiratory acidosis? 1. 40 2. CO2 > 45 mm Hg; What are some causes of respiratory acidosis?
High-yield neuroanatomy by Douglas J. Gould PhD, Jennifer K. Brueckner-Collins PhD, James D. Fix